Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dancing in the Dark

Well, it has been an inexcusably long time since I've posted... I'm so sorry! The past month has been very busy between traveling, visitors, and studying! But I'm now back in Dublin for good until I go home. My days are numbered, and I have so much to do before I leave!

One of those things is to catch you all up on my blog. So, here goes. I have a lot of new posts I've been working on, and I've even uploaded some photos onto my computer. I'll start where I left off: The end of school and Trinity Ball.

The last day of classes for me was absolutely exhausting- probably because I hadn't slept very much two nights before, and not at all the night before. I had three 3,000 word essays due, and I had planned and researched them, so putting all that into words shouldn't have been difficult at all! I work very well under pressure and I'm usually able to churn out a good paper pretty quickly, so I wasn't too worried about it. The thing is, I should have been.

After a lot of hard work, I finally handed in my essays (that's 30 pages), and went to go pick up my tickets for Trinity Ball! My friend Julia and I went and got our hair done, and after grabbing some lunch with our fancy new 'dos, I finally went to sleep. A few hours later, I went and grabbed dinner with my Mom and Dad who were visiting!! It was so good to see them, and I was happy that they got to see me all dressed up (but more about their visit later- they get their own post!). I went back to sleep some more and waited for my friend from PC Kari to arrive- she'd been studying in London and came over to come to Trinity Ball with me!



Now, Trinity Ball is somewhat of a big deal here- it's actually the most exclusive private party in Europe, so it was so cool that I got to go! I got all fancy, grabbed a jacket, and we were on our way to the ball! There were a few different tents with a lot of different performers, and it was cool to hear new bands. My favorite was Jessie J- her voice is incredible, and she brought electrifying energy to the stage. (If you don't know her, check her out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI )

I was at Trinity Ball for only a few hours, but it goes all night- way more than my exhausted body could handle at that point. I headed home early since I was starting to feel sick, but overall I'm so happy I made it there. I had so much fun! I also had a big day the next day- all of our family from Mayo was coming out to Dublin to see us! I finally got some sleep, and started to feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment